What are we looking for?
The Service Desk Officer is responsible for utilising prior service desk knowledge and experience to deliver a combination of virtual, on-site and/or field support assistance and support to geographically dispersed staff, students, and key stakeholders.
- Deliver a ‘tiered response service for ICT field support or service desk as assigned to listen to, diagnose, and resolve recurrent client requests.
- Deliver high levels of customer support and services to accurately diagnose issues and provide targeted and successful resolutions.
- Respond to common requests for service by providing information to enable fulfillment.
- Promptly allocate unresolved calls/on-site issues to deliver customer services that are responsive and timely.
- Update all reports/trackers and initiate follow-up action to ensure a professional level of user support and quality customer service is maintained and escalate complex incidents (as required) to solve problems within agreed service levels and standards.
- Provide knowledgeable technical advice and support to staff using available resources to troubleshoot system issues and support the efficient use of hardware and software.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed teams and provide support across a variety of locations and services.
- Maintain records, inform, and update users about the processes and advise customers of actions taken to deliver high levels of customer support and service.
- Provide knowledgeable advice on the implementation of security standards and procedures for all hardware and software to protect from unauthorised system access, virus infection, vandalism, and unauthorised access to educational and business software.
- Maintain current knowledge of changing ICT standards and technology to ensure services are compliant.
- Previous experience working in a high-volume helpdesk role
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Experience with ServiceNow is highly regarded
- A valid Working with Children Check or is willing to apply.